by Alphaville Herald on 09/01/09 at 12:39 am
Notorious PN griefer web site victim of DDoS attack – hopes to return in 2 weeks
by Pixeleen Mistral, National Affairs desk
The Nicholas Mafia claims to have taken the notorious Patriotic Nigras griefing group's website offline, and a visit to http://www.patrioticnigras.org/ currently leads to a simple image:
Meanwhile, one of the wise guys associated with the Nicholas Mafia told the Herald,
"I had to make you aware that the PN's have been hit hard. The fist of Nicholas has struck and they won't be getting up any time soon. It is merely a signal of intent That Nicholas is a far greater force than PN's… They can kick, they can scream, they can stomp their feet and slam their fists. But they will be brought up against a brick wall. They cannot move us. They can try, sure. But they will be stuck staring at their desktop 99% of the time – the other 1% will be the SL crash report."
Mafia vs. Griefer war moves to DDoS on web sites
As Linden Lab appears to struggle with user-created content induced service outages, reformed greifers claim Lab staff are having them ejected from Second Life, and online mafias attack griefing gang web sites, concerned citizens have to ask – where will this cycle of virtual violence end?